September 23, 2003

Yesterday I got mad at my new job for the first time. Before, I had brief inclinations that led me to believe I didn't really like to work so hard, but really didn't mean anything. Yesterday I actually started building my ideas of how I really didn't like it. Today I was further pushed this way by the recognition of how sexist this community I live in is. Of course, I am nowhere near the gut-wrenching, health-destroying, life-taking disabilitation I felt like in the job I had last year. Yet, I still stayed. I stayed and stayed and stayed until I could no longer sleep for fear of my life. Even then it took a crowbar to make me leave my old position. I am not nearly at that point yet, just considering not returning for another year. Yearly contracts are great. They give you a lot of options, unfortunately, it doesn't really look good if you jump around from year to year, like you can't handle a job/commitment. I tell you I can! The longest period of time I held a job was 7 years. Not bad. And this is from someone under 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home