February 03, 2004

No More Links

'Cause I know they aren't working right now.

Instead, I will go a little bit into things that happened today. This morning, I had complaints of name-calling about the youngest boy in my class. When asked why he would call such names, apparently another boy, his friend the day before, said, 'Hi' to him. Quite the insult.

The boy who said hi, after art class, took his oil pastels and wrote all over the floor of the foyer. I don't know why I agreed to take a senior math class in exchange for giving up both my art and music classes, but I did it. After art class with another person, my kids are wired. The rules don't apply any more.

In Senior math today I had this conversation (keep in mind math is right after lunch):
Student: "Can I go to the washroom?"
Me: "No."
Student: "Why not?"
Me: "I need you to write this down, this isn't a good time."
Student: "I am going to piss my pants. What about you, when you were in school, did you piss your pants?"
Me: "What, did I piss my pants? Uh. No. Because I was smart and would use the bathroom at lunch and on my breaks, so no I didn't piss my pants."
Student: "yak yak complain whine complain."
Me: "Could you be quiet so the rest of the class can finish this stuff up?"
Student: "Whine complain ..."
Me: Talking over student.

Boy. I have to get off these antibiotics before I kill someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home