June 09, 2004

Just as I had suspected

It turns out that the whole community up here is as disgusted with my roommmate as I am. They are pissed off that they hired someone who is supposed to be a role model who acted in such ... un-role modelish behaviour. They are also just disgusted with her attitude in general, which I would have to agree with.
The thing is, when you are in a position when you are a role model, you have to behave as such. I will say that my private life is my private life, and because of the position I am in, I do not let that private life seep to public, if it is not something that the public finds highly acceptable. In larger places, this is easier. Here, your private life is public in the biggest possible way. When you conduct yourself in a crappy way, everyone knows. And she did not set a good example what with sleeping around, not using birth control when doing it, getting pregnant. In your own time, that is fine, but it was all highly involved with her work and very much in the public eye. It was disgusting and unprofessional from the get go, and the only person who supports her in anyway seems to be my boss (who said, way to go). In a community where they are trying to control STD's (AIDS included), teenage pregnancy and keep people in school and responsible for their actions, she did the worst possible thing.
Gah. Whatever. She is yucky anyway.
She is coming up to stay here next week and probably to stay with me. I really don't want that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home