July 02, 2004

One Summer

I had a couple very good and long conversations with a really good friend of mine lately. I was reminded of one summer quite a long time ago when I didn't behave very nicely. I am embarassed by that summer to no end.
I do a lot of things in my life, some aren't very mainstream, but this summer I did the mainstream thing to do when home from University. I drank. I drank everyday. I was drunk most of the time. I wasn't very nice. I blacked out. I even pissed myself at one point. At the time I thought it was all great fun, for about 2 months. For the last two months of the summer I stayed away from those friends.
My friend reminded me of some inappropriate behaviour that I did that summer. You know, I am all for conscious decisions and choices, but not ones made when all braincells are not functioning. I apologized to him and am still embarassed. I apologize to anyone I did not treat well that summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home