November 10, 2004

Blood and Gore

I had a dream last night that somehow I was part of a police team that found an awful murder scene. The police team decided that they needed to wait until the owner of the house came home to see how he reacted to it. Then somehow I was (I think I was viewing it, not part of it) seeing the owner come home. It then skipped to the part where his friend/brother came over. He was showing him around. I mean it was really bad. There was blood everywhere, and the body was in pieces no bigger than a small roast. Pieces were everywhere, in the fridge, on coffee tables. No pools of blood, just blood coating everything. Then the guy's whose house it is says "I think Harbringer (yeah I know) did it. Do you know why I think this?" and he took the other guy to a room. Inside the room were stairs going up. They were on the main floor but these stairs were wooden unfinished basement type stairs. On top of the stairs was Harbringer, with a rope around his neck. He said, "Hi guys." and hung himself. The dream then spiralled into reviewing various glimpses of what had happened to this point. Any interpretations?

6 Comments:

Blogger Fist said...

"Any interpretations?"

I don't have a clue. But you don't really mention what you were feeling during the dream, which for me is often a key clue. Disgust? Fear? Curiousity? Detachment? Obsession?

2:55 am  
Blogger Muss said...

Because this one was so long ago, I don't really remember what I was feeling during it. I think I was scared at what was going to happen when the owner came home, even though I was in a position of power on the police team. I don't have many gory dreams.

8:13 am  
Blogger Fist said...

I'll have a stab in your dark then, and suggest that this is a dream of shame. By that I mean, you recognize something - either about yourself or the world - and whatever that something is, you want to keep your recognition of it secret from certain other people.

1:40 am  
Blogger Muss said...

I shall have to think about that one.

7:03 pm  
Blogger Fist said...

Then it's probably not true, or it's buried somewhere.

Lemme know.

1:37 am  
Blogger Muss said...

There are many things about myself that I don't want other people to know. More to protect myself I think than shame, although there are some things I keep in because of shame. There are also many things about people I don't wish to believe or know because of the shame it brings to humans. I wish humans to be thoughtful and kind. I think I know this isn't true, but it is going against what I am and who I am, so I still want it to be true. Oprah can do a million episodes of sop and it still wouldn't be true.

10:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home