December 03, 2004

It is DARN hot

Well, yesterday the temperature went above freezing and all the compacted snow melted and turned into ice. This means every where someone drove or there was a path or even a footprint, was ice. I never noticed that the road I walk home on has a slight incline, because, as stated, the incline is so slight. But last night I found walking home up the slight incline on sheer ice with the wind in my face was just about more difficult than I could manage. I slithered home. I walked in ditches. I crept. It took me about 3 times as long as it normally does, but I made it and I did not fall down.
Last night I couldn't sleep. If you know me at all you know that I am plagued by insomnia. I was just receovering from the 1.5 weeks of being unable to sleep in the middle of the month and now this. It comes in predictable cycles. Two nights ago was a tossy turny night. Last night was a couldn't fall asleep and then woke up at 4 am after tossing and turning and getting crap sleep before that. Tonight will be a total lack of sleep. Oh yes. Thank you gods of sleep for pulling me down just when I have so much to do.
I had a dream last night. I was in Nepal with my ex and we were living near a mountain. We were happy and he was approaching the mountain to do something with someone but then was crushed by an avalanche. I was devastated and cried inconsolably. But then, I won America's Next Top Model and was hounding and pleading with Tyra Banks to tell me how to deal with ingrown hairs on my legs and this was more important now than the death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home