January 28, 2005

A Life

I sleep on a couch. While I am grateful that I have anywhere to sleep at the moment that isn't my mother's basement and it isn't really a couch so much as an attempt at some kind of futon, it is not the most comfortable bed in the world. Besides the fact I have no money to go out and buy a bed I don't know even if I should. I have a perfectly fine bed at home that I can get down here. But then comes the other part, am I actually going to stay down here. Why go through all the trouble of moving a bed if I am just going to crap out and end up on said bed in my parents basement. You know?

My dog has diarrhea. Oh yuck. This is one of those times when I really wish I had a yard and freezing temperatures. Currently she is in the garage and whining her head off. "WHY mom, WHY AM I IN THE GARAGE?" I know that is what she is thinking. I told her, you are in the garage because we have no yard and your rear is something scary at the moment. How do you wash a dog when you have no bath tub that isn't up 2 flights of carpeted stairs when under no circumstances would you want the dog to sit down? I don't know. How pleasant a day this will be.

I told my friend I would publish this here story as well. It is the pukiest plane story ever.

Last week my friend had to go to Toronto because of family matters. She took her year old son and left her 7 year old daughter at home. Unfortunately, they didn't get to the airport a great deal before the plane was going to leave and only middle seats remained, so her and her son had to sit in between two men. The men were nice enough and slept basically the whole flight, as it was a midnight to 6 am flight. The baby didn't sleep because he wasn't comfortable. He wanted to sprawl out but there just wasn't any room. The baby finally settled down in a position which put a lot of strain on my friend's back and neck, making her uncomfortable and giving her a massive headache. The headache wasn't helped by the fact that the plane was really really hot too. Near the end of the flight the baby woke up and decided to projectile vomit. Poor girl, couldn't get him up and take him to the bathroom or anything in time because she was stuck between those two men so she had to take the kids jacket off and have him puke in it (why she didn't use the sick bag she can't explain). The two men woke up and were quite astonished by this and complained to the stewardess about the temperature and how it made the baby sick. After getting off the plane, my poor friend had to get all her baby stuff out to the car that was picking her up. It was very difficult as she still had the baby to carry as well. As soon as she got her stuff to the car and someone to hand her baby off to, she promptly was ill as well. As continued to be so, for the whole ride home. I have never heard about so much puke. Really. I guess I avoid puke stories.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck!!! She should have just kicked the men out of the way, but who am I to judge. I read this after eating my cream stew that looks like puke. Have you ever had cream stew? It`s really good.

Love you.
BM

4:05 am  
Blogger Muss said...

I have never eaten Ice Cream Stew, although last night I had some lovely mango ice cream that tasted like summer. OH it was good. I paid for it this morning though, with the lactose intolerance and all.

11:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home