January 27, 2005

Typical

I should be appreciative that my dog sleeps in a bit now and doesn't have to get up with the crack of dawn every day. There are limits to her patience though and she can't make it 30 minutes past the regular time. So even though I don't really need to be up at 7 o'clock everyday, I still am. Otherwise the lip-licking and the dry mouth smacking would drive me insane. I have tried bringing the water dish into the bedroom with me (and continue to do so) but this is a special kind of dry mouth that doesn't respond to drinking water. It is the kind of dry mouth that is developed when you know that whining isn't going to get you anywhere fast. It is the kind of dry mouth that will last for hours (I am sure although I haven't tested it) until one gets to go outside.

And that is how my day starts now.

Before:
6:10 am - get up (to enable me enough time to get all my morning stuff done and leave without ever having to view my roommate)
6:55 am - leave the house
7:10 am - put dog in boss's backyard
7:15 am - arrive at school and unlock everything
7:20 to 7:50 am - do the things I need to get done and set up for the day
7:50 to 8:15 am - talk to boss about things or go on computer
8:15 to 8:30 am - pour water, put books on desk, last minute preparatory stuff
8:30 - 9:00 am - duty or talking to kids as they arrive in the classroom

Okay. How boring. But still, it tells you how meticulous I am. You haven't even seen one of my multi-faceted day plans of when I am actually really working.

Weird medical condition #2: This will be the second weird medical condition that I have written about here but not the second one I have had. Of course, the first one I described was the leprosy/flesh eating disease I acquired in September. This one was an infection at the base of my toe right where the nail meets the skin. It happened on both second toes at the same time. It was quite sore. In fact, they were both swollen and then they turned mushy kind of. The toes next to them got sore on the bottom. My friend (ha ha) wanted to drag me to the medical clinic but I told her that I don't do that kind of candy-ass stuff. I wait until whatever is wrong is so bad I feel like I am going to die and big chunks of skin are missing. She didn't know what to think about that.

I have had a craving lately for water with grated ginger in it. I am making a cup right now. You just boil water with grated ginger in it and drink it. It is spicy but oh so good. Well, to me anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home