February 04, 2005

Bright and Early

Sometime, at some ungodly early hour this morning, the alarm beside the bed went off. I know it was early because it was dark out still and I couldn't hear anyone awake or moving around upstairs. I groped around and grabbed it. I pushed buttons on it until it stopped. And then I put it down.
Some white noise started, supposed to be like waves I think, and so I picked it up again. I pushed buttons, flicked switches, turned dials, but it would stop. I shoved it under the pillow, but I could still hear it. Finally I managed to open the battery compartment and rip out the batteries. I then flung it away from me.
Of course I fell back asleep and had a boring unremembered dream. I ended up getting up at 7:20, so that is how I know that the stupid alarm clock was set so very early.
In other news, the car needs some part. In fact, because one broke, it needs two. If I don't get the part, my new tires have a good chance to get slashed up and I may die in an accident. It is broken in a precarious way. And with that, I have no money to pay for the parts or pay for the service. My mother will pay and say it is a birthday gift, but I feel really stupid about this. I should be able to pay for these things myself, especially by this time in my life. I could fix it and then sell the car, then I could pay it myself, but be trapped up here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home