February 15, 2005

Flies

Again I have been a little busy and there has been a little something happening in my life. Nothing major, a little blip on the radar screen that has made me a bit introspective I guess. It didn't help that my at home internet was down for some reason. Anyway, I am back and with nothing to say. I was going to rant about mental health, specifically mine, but since I am experiencing a good patch, I don't want to get into it.
My guts are good as of late. My course is going nowhere. My job search, well, I sI apply to about 2 jobs a day and haven't heard back from anyone yet which is really starting to piss me off because I am that good. Last year, while trying to find a replacement for myself I looked through about a hundred resume packages and crap (because for teaching jobs, they send a lot of crap because most places ask for a lot of crap, I think the smallest application package I sent out was 15 pages long) and I know mine looks good, sounds good, and hey, if you ever met me in person or on the phone, you would instantly be won over. I wonder what these people are looking for. I can't apply for any job in the meantime either, because I am overqualified for anything and they wouldn't hire me, knowing I would leave. Not that I'm bitter or anything. No, I loved all 7 years of my post-secondary education and the money it cost was easy to part with. I did it so I could sit here unemployed now. That was the goal alright.
I also was part of the interview panel for 18 applicants. I sat through 18 hours of oh. my. god. a lot of bull. I must say, I think I was the only one who was looking for someone with some practical experience too. Theory just isn't good enough. I have tonnes of theory but I never have enough time to apply hardly any of it and unless you know how you are going to apply it, don't even bother telling me about it.
So, do I head back to the middle of nowhere and let my life pass me by while experiencing the pristine beauty of out of the way places? I don't know. They aren't calling me either.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fist said...

I've not had my first coffee yet this morning, but why "Flies"? Because time does? Because mine are undone? Because teachers are their stand-in Lords?

Maybe, post-coffee, I'll come back and it'll all become clear...

2:48 am  
Blogger Muss said...

Yes, flies because time does. I am also pre-coffee, or pre-morning ritual as I don't drink coffee, and my fingers are befuddled.

7:47 am  
Blogger Fist said...

Tell me Muss, what morning ritual unbefuddles those fingers of yours?

9:07 am  
Blogger Muss said...

Really very boring, involving me taking about an hour to wake up, during which I do not like to speak to anyone, although I move around the house, or work, depending where or when I am. I walk the dog, I shower. Lately, I have been doing exercise in the morning as well. Weekends are, of course, different though.
Teachers can be the stand-in Lords, and that is scary, especially looking at the crackpots I graduated with and have had to work with.

3:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home