February 28, 2005

Leap

I am on fire. I am worn out. I don't know what to do about it anymore. I am on edge. I can't have needs. I can't have wants. I can't have expectations based on everyday conversations that mean something then nothing. I have needs. I want them met. I need too much. I am not the be all, end all, best of the freak show that deserves even the time of day. But of course I want more than the time of day. I wish reciprocation. I wish a desire. I wish for the promises put forth and not requested to reappear. I want to feed and be fed. Do I want this because I do or because it isn't there?

10 Comments:

Blogger Fist said...

More clues?

7:02 am  
Blogger Muss said...

I wrote this after I wrote the comment under Sunday Morning on your blog.

8:22 am  
Blogger Fist said...

I wish I had that kind of intense relationship with my underwear. Or with yours.

8:45 am  
Blogger Muss said...

The post isn't so much about the underwear as about the feelings brought out about thinking about why I like nice underwear and the frustration it caused me.

12:11 pm  
Blogger Fist said...

I think we have a similarly intense relationship with how you write about your underwear, then. If only my midget man could reach over the Atlantic and into Canada!

1:47 am  
Blogger Muss said...

God damn intense underwear.

5:22 pm  
Blogger Fist said...

No, praise be to underwear; let us credit marvels - as Seamus Heaney once wrote, thinking of something quite different.

2:19 am  
Blogger Muss said...

Finally, someone who understands about the possibilities of socks and underwear. I am thinking of posting my comment about socks and underwear on my site. Why not?

9:22 am  
Blogger Fist said...

Yes. The world should know.

6:35 am  
Blogger Muss said...

Done.

11:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home