February 27, 2005

My Pants!

Which reminds me, there seems to be some words I say differently than anyone else. Pants being one of them. I remember visiting Toronto in my youth and people commenting on how I had an accent. Then, going to Vancouver and people saying I had an accent. Yet both times I was visiting with people from the same place I was from who did not have said accent. Fine then.

So this weekend I started taking some appetite suppresants and a diuretic. Well, the primary function of the appetite suppresants are not to be appretite suppresants and to be other things, because we all know we don't want to suppress my appetite still, I am taking them though. The diuretic has had a diuretic effect. I am p'ing all the time. I wake up in the morning and think that I am going to burst. I woke up at 6:30 am on Sunday because of this. Yeah. I know. 6:30. I am also very thirsty and drink glass after glass of water, all the better to pee it out I guess. I would want my body to start taking other liquids and diureticing them out of my body (you know like neural fluid or serum). Other than that, I would hate to see what would happen if I wasn't on two different appetite suppressants. I think I would burst from all the over-eating. It is more like a continual graze with 4 larger consumption times that coincide around other people's meal times. I eat breakfast, snack all morning, eat an early lunch, snack all afternoon, eat an early dinner, snack, eat another dinner, snack, and go to bed. I wake up ravenous.

So why am I talking about my pants? Well, I have a large number in my closet that don't currently fit me because of the loss of the 10 - 12 pounds over the last 8 months. They are actually starting to fit again. Over the weekend. My clothes fit! Now maybe I can keep this up and gain the extra 10 pounds I have always wanted. Then I could start running again. But, I can't afford to buy a new wardrobe that would be required for those 10 extra pounds. I hope it isn't all water retention.

On the job front: I was supposed to see a lady about a job at a golf course today, but she didn't show up and I couldn't get there (I don't know my way around yet and my friend was too laden with kids to take me). So, tomorrow I go. Apparently, part of the job I would be getting is to drive around in a golf cart and sell beer to thirsty golfers. I am really looking forward to starting (if I talk to her and she likes me) because it actually sounds like a fun job. Also, it would give me a chance to re-hone my isolation crusted social skills and flirt for money. And when you leave, you leave. You don't have to worry about kids getting home and getting beat up, enough to eat, what you have planned for them the next day, if you could have handled that situation differently, if that person was pushed to far to read that day. But then I think about the years of post-secondary school I went to and what I could be doing instead of and I wonder if this is the appropriate use of me? I am not trying to be classist or anything, as I said, I am looking forward to the job (the actual position, not just the employment). I just have specialized training that could be beneficial to many but the system has a glut of people in my position who maybe aren't as good as me (really into tooting my own horn aren't I) but have made it there and are sticking. The system also keeps pushing out a glut more of people who want the same position I do because education is the only way to secure your future and these people are all around me too. Maybe I'll meet some of them when I am mixing drinks?

5 Comments:

Blogger Fist said...

After my first Masters degree, I got a job in a local supermarket in the town where I'm from. When my art teacher from school came through my checkout, she was so shocked to see me she dropped the two bottles of wine she was carrying.

Ha. Ha.

Good luck getting the job. Sounds, to me, better than teaching.

4:26 am  
Blogger Muss said...

So far so good. I have to go back tomorrow and talk to her ... and then go hopefully go and buy more black skirts to wear.
Did she have to pay for the wine?

8:09 pm  
Blogger Fist said...

Nah. Someone went to get her replacements, and she only got charged for them. All Supermarkets are like that in Britain, not sure why. Prolly because if you try to charge someone, they'll protest that it was someone else, that the product was sticking out, that it was unbalanced to begin with, and that they're never going to come back to this stinking hole of a shop again.

1:37 am  
Blogger Muss said...

Yeah, they do that here too. Sometimes.

8:24 am  
Blogger Fist said...

Breaking things for free is one of the sole pleasures of supermarket shopping, imho.

8:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home