February 07, 2005

Nex's

Today I saw my ex in the first truly civil interaction we have had since before the split (hence, the split I guess). We took our dogs for a walk and I bought him a coffee.
We had great conversation ranging from our feelings about suicide and depression to the number of rods and cones in our eyes. I told him that I meant it when I said to him that I missed talking to him.
We talked a very little about our heyday and decided that time was good. I will remember that at one time we were very much in love and it was great. Hopefully all the anger will be forgotten and I will just remember us as a thing that didn't work in practice, only in theory. Hopefully he will too.
We are both at, what we consider to be in some ways, a bad time in our lives and are both looking at moving back in with our mother's. Both 30. How nice for us both. Oh yeah, I am not quite 30, as my mother likes to point out. Very soon though, just about can count the days on one hand.

6 Comments:

Blogger Fist said...

Happy Birthday. (For whenever it is.)

You can just say your 29 and 12 months on the day; the year after, 29 and 24 months; and in general, 29+12n where n = age - 29.

5:31 am  
Blogger Fist said...

"You're" not "your".

5:32 am  
Blogger Muss said...

Thank you.

The more I think about the 'your' and 'you're' of english, the more I dislike it. I have been struggling to teach low level learners the intracacies of english and the explanation "english is stupid and sometimes it just is" doesn't seem fair. But to go into the merge of languages to go to the root words just seems too complex. These kids have a hard time with this 'a' and the one with a circle and a stick at the back.

7:02 pm  
Blogger Fist said...

In my experience, understanding such errors is useful for only one thing: being a spelling nazi. (So in my case, their frequently useful.)

How old are your learners, btw?

3:58 am  
Blogger Muss said...

I have known a few spelling nazi's in my time. I am definitely not one of them.
My latest batch of learners were aged 4 to 8 and I think that is the age range I like the most. Not jaded yet. Not trying to prove much either. I am tired of dodging chairs and the grappling with students that high school sometimes involves (I never initiated the grappling, just so you know, it is all defensive when they go too far).

11:23 am  
Blogger Fist said...

O, that's good. I had images of them being 18 or something.

1:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home