February 02, 2005

Night-time Bliss

The other night I had a fantastically graphic and brutal dream where a friend raped me. Images of this dream stuck with me all day and upset me enough that my whole day was thrown off. I know this friend would never and could never actually do this to me (otherwise, why would he be a friend) but I was still upset more by talking to him later on. It brought back the images and the situation again.
This friend has put me through some upheaval lately, but I don't think it could be considered equivalent. I do respect his decisions and ability to know what was best for him, but his decisions did have consequences for me, some of which I am sure I do know the extent of. I know it has effected me deeply, especially since it touched my newly forming trust of the human race. Maybe, as was suggested to me, my subconscious was trying to show me the extent to which he had effected my mind in pictures that I would understand.
In no way am I trying to compare my dream or my ‘mind-fuck’ with the experiences of an actual rape. I have been there and I know it is not the same, but maybe since I have been there my mind is drawing on situations that I know to try to show me what is happening in my life right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fist said...

Dreams like that are not cool.

http://cityfist.blogspot.com/2005/01/dream.html

9:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home