February 18, 2005

Two dreams

After not having dreams for a long time, I have two in the last two nights. Both had my ex in them.
This morning I made Solyanka (with 3 kinds of potatoes) to take to my friend whose baby is in the hospital. I wonder what happens to those babies whose mothers can't stay with them while they are there? I know they don't have enough nurses to provide substantive care for each of those babies.
My roommates boyfriend put a lot of songs on her computer. I transferred them to my part and spent the last couple of days looking through the crap. From around 1900 songs I have around 250 left. He may just have the worst taste in music. I mean, does anybody need the Transformer theme song, twice? And BAD 80's music (think "I think we're alone now" Tiffany). I will allow him all the bhangra stuff, but I erased it. And how many rap/hip-hop songs start with "uh-huh, ... yeah? All of them? How original. None of the music I like was on there anywhere, but that is okay. I can play around with these mostly tolerable songs. It's a change. Since September the only music I have been listening to is the CD's I have of Carlo, my friend who killed himself. I guess I am ready to let go of some of that.
I had a date last night. Went out for dinner and spoke of the possibilities of star trek-like transportation where I again prove myself to be a geek by talking about molecules and memory. I am too old for this shit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fist said...

"I think we're alone now" Tiffany.

One of the first records I ever bought.

2:34 am  
Blogger Muss said...

Heh. I think it was given to me. I can't remember any other songs that were on that album.

6:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home