February 25, 2005

Zero Tolerance Policy

I am so angry right now. I am fuming. My friend's little girl came home from school today, again, complaining of the bullying/taunting from a classmate. Okay, it was pretty tame, but it goes on every single day. Then, I find out that recently, although not today, the taunting has become racial in nature and slurs about being brown are coming out, as well as how much prettier/smarter/better white people are. This was not the first time this happened and after the first and much earlier incident, friend and myself told her to go directly to the teacher and tell her about these racial slurs. So, when they started up again, she did. The teacher told her that she needed to handle her own problems. Yes, if someone says you are a bogger-nose once in a while, but if someone taunts you everyday and has started to lay into you about the colour of your skin, then no.
I have a zero tolerance policy on intolerance (hah, I love that).
I told said friend to get her ass into talking to this teacher, and if the teacher wasn't going to try to resolve this issue in her classroom, then take it to the principal of the school, and if they weren't going to try to resolve this issue in the school, then take it to the school board.
I am so angry that if I had heard this before a 6:30 on a Friday night, I would have gone to the school, even though it isn't of my business and isn't my kid and friend is perfectly capable of taking care of it herself (and himself, if dad gets involved) and talked to the teacher and principal. I would have even talked to the kid Oh, and that kid's parent. Yep.
I told my friend to tell that teacher that if these things didn't stop, that she would stop preaching the non-violent approach to conflict resolution to her daughter and start telling her to beat the crap out of the other kid. My friend's kid is a fairly big for her age kid (in the tall way, not the round way) and is pretty physically fit. I am sure with a few pointers from her father or uncle she could kick some ass too. Or I could go and kick that kid's ass, or the parent's ass.
F.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home