March 13, 2005

Absurd

The other night I had a weird dream. I know my dreams are usually weird to other people and my weird dreams are really weird to people, but this one is beyond weird, even for me. So if you don't want to read about my weird dream, don't read this. I had this dream about 3 days ago and told a few people about it. Usually that is enough to get dreams to fade. I can still see all the colours and remember how things felt. It was unusually vivid as well.

So I was dropping off a friend to go fly to a school related conference and I had my dog with me. We were being a little bit cuddly (which would never happen, especially when in a professional life circumstance). It turned out that I was going to get to come too, even though I am not currently involved in such things. I protested because of my dog, she needs drugs to be able to fly and cannot fly commercial planes. This plane was small and I saw they had dog crates so I loaded her in one and got in the plane and I guess I was going to see how it went and if she freaked out too much I would not go. I sat near my friend beside the window and continued to be cuddly close with him. I then saw them put the dog crate at the wing and I was concerned because flying outside of the plane on the wing was going to freak the hell out of my dog. My friend assured me it would be okay, and we took off.

The plane was very quiet, it was a gliding type of plane, and of an odd shape, fairly wide but short.

A lot of people didn't make it on the plane when we boarded and my dog had gotten out of her crate and was running around. I was looking at them out the window when the plane stopped and people (and my dog) began walking up and around the clouds to come to the plane. My dog loved running in the clouds. She was then allowed to ride in the plane.

We kept flying and were talking about something when we came to a mountain that looked like a very wide ski jump. It became apparent we were going to have to land on this to re-take off so we could glide more. A 747 had already come by and used one of its wings to push some of the snow down/off so we could do this. My friend encouraged me to go to the front of the plane (maybe it was even on the front of the plane) because it was going to be the closest I ever came to free-flying. So I did and started the plane moving. It was like calmly going down a ski jump, it was very quiet and I thought I should be cold, but I wasn't (maybe I was in the plane then). The plane slid down and took off, but whatever was supposed to catch, didn't really and we started to glide down. I could see the trees getting closer and closer until I touched them. I went back and sat with my friend and told him that it was like flying.

We landed shortly after that to change planes and meet up with other people who were going to this conference in Switzerland. We were at what would classically be a fairy-tale-ish medieval castle. My friend decided he needed to use the washroom and went. I decided to as well, but I realized my mother lived there (yes, in the airport) and she had a room that she was always in. I went and looked at the room. It was stone and had a TV and a chair/couch thing for her to sit on and watch TV. It had no windows and she wasn't there. I continued to go to the washroom and I ran into my old boss and someone else losely associated with that area (if there was a conference he would not be going).

In the women's washroom were two Ethopian boys who were taking turns laying down on the floor and rubbing their fronts on it to masturbate. I wondered why they were in the women's washroom but continued into a stall. When I came out they were still there and were pushily asking me for something. I told them I was going to tell someone about them and they left through a back door.

I left the washroom and thought that we should probably go and get back on the plane, so I went to look for my friend. I started out and the outside was a lot more lush (like a jungle around a fairy-tale medieval castle). People were standing around waiting for the plane and there was this crevass that was filled with water. The crevass was quite narrow and man-made (with the same type of stone work as the castle). It looked very deep, but was easily stepped over. A man fell in and I watched him as he sunk like a stone, down deeper and deeper, getting smaller and smaller until I could no longer see him. Someone else dropped their wallet down the crevass and it sunk rapidly too, but I could see it close up as it fell and it fell into a small stone basin with other wallets that had been dropped. I thought it was very odd that all the wallets that had been dropped ended up in the same place.

A man came out and said that women could enter into a lottery by putting one of their earrings into his wooden bowl. Three women who were standing in a group immediately began talking about it and taking off their earring. I watched them, as I don't ever wear earrings. Then, I was one of them and I took off the earring and realized that there was a huge chunk of wax at the back of the earring, like a piece cut off of a white taper candle. I was mortified that people would think the wax was from me and tried to put the earring back on.

My friend was still not back and I was getting anxious that we were going to miss the plane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home