March 16, 2005

Listen to me people

There are those of you who know I know and I know a lot of stuff. You also know I do not lie and if I don't know something I will tell you. If I am unsure about something, I say "I think" and let you make up your own mind, but, BUT there are things I know I know. These are things that come from research, critical thought, and talking to a lot of people. So far, the research, when it catches up with me, always prove I am right as well, so when I tell you MILK IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU, believe me. Western science is finally admitting this may be true as well. Also bad, microwaves. I have been a vocal opponent of the beasts since 1996, but only recently has science started to back me up with this as well (I can't find the studies that show that they reduce (my words -> destroy) the vitamins in food, turn the fats into the trans-fatty acid, and are a hazard to be around, but trust me. This I know. The other thing I know I know is fluoride. People, don't use it, don't drink it, don't rinse with it, don't brush your teeth with it. Stay away from it. Seriously. When they ask you what flavour at the dental office, say none. They will look at you weird, as they have been brain-washed since entry into the program, but stick to your guns! If you live in a municipality that fluoridates the water, GET OUT. Really. Move. It is that serious. Even if you drink bottled water, and cook with bottled water, you are still getting it through your showers, baths, clothes, vegetables you buy from the store (sprayed with the town water). I seriously consider this when I decide what city I want to live in.

Moving on to a somewhat related but not at all topic (one I have just been waiting to write about since it came up at dinner about a month and a half ago): transportation, Star Trek style. While everyone wants to be 'beamed up' I just don't think it is a possibility. You are basically disassembling someone and re-assembling them someplace else. They are two ways to look at this, breaking down the molecules so there is less friction on them and they can move similarly to a stream of energy or re-assembling the person from molecules already around (like how they get their food). I have no idea about how they would do the first way, as I didn't do much in the way of physics, but I know my molecules. To disassemble someone's molecules would basically be murdering them each time. Really. The amount of memory needed for something to know every ion, molecule, configuration, and placement would be astronomical. Seriously. Think of a beach. Think of all the grains of sand on the beach. Think of one grain of sand. That one grain of sand has more individual atoms in it then there is sand on the beach. So, if in fact, something can remember that amount of data and then re-assemble it somewhere, you are basically re-building the person. This leads into discussion of the soul. If there is a soul, I don't think it is made of molecules and can be re-built. Also, this could lead to wide-scale cloning. Why only re-assemble one Jean Luc Picard? He is so hot, why not do 15? Or more, the molecules and placement are all on memory, so keep popping them out.

Oh, yeah, my shift at work got cancelled today. In case I am sick, I don't want to go out and about and infect other people (although work people and customers are fine?), so here I am, eating homemade soup and writing and writing. I think I should while I am able.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fist said...

Do you really wanted to be screwed by 15 Jean Luc Picard's at a time?

6:22 am  
Blogger Muss said...

DO I?????? Do you even have to ask? Okay, actually, I think 15 would be a little intimidating, but you can see the posibilities ...

6:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home