March 31, 2005

Rarely

Sometimes she takes it a little too far

Yesterday I stunned the world with the nicest most interesting legs I have had in a long time. How so? Well, let me tell you. I wore bright hot pink tights and then I wore black fishnets over them. I wore my mary jane ballet slipper flats and a swooshy skirt that was accented by a ribbon. Oh my. People could not stop staring at me all day and I received many many compliments. That is always good for the good self esteem. I also received a free lunch of which I spilled on my luscious blouse. Just because we look good does not mean we are not still human. I wish I could make that flickr thing work and had a digital camera because damn, it was that good.

Anyway, on to other less interesting topics that the hotness of my skinny legs ... um.

The littlest birds sing the prettiest songs.

Today was the last day of the bodaciously bottomed girl I replaced. I will no longer be able to look at the curve of her nose. I was, however, able to meet her sister and say that it is definitely her that won out on the genes. I think many people would disagree, but not I. I know. She cried. Not because I would no longer be staring at her, but because she would miss the place and the people there. She had been there for 5 years. I got to scam 2 free lunches out of her leaving. Yum!

She leaves me to handle a million details, all of which I have no idea. Ha ha! I hope the place doesn't burn down around my ears. Today I set off the alarm system.

My dog is enjoying the outrageously expensive and well-worth it doggy day care. She comes home all ruffled and tired and is so happy at being able to play and just be a dog covered in other dog's slobber. I am only paid until April 7th. After that she gets to sit in my car. In probably the heat and die. Yay. I am looking forward to that. Yesterday, apparently, my dog did not have a good time in doggy day care and had to have a time out. Yes, my dog needed a time out. My dog. My dog is that bad that she needed to be put in a corner for a time out. Apparently, there is another dog there that is that bad and has to have time outs often and is actually just about to be requested not to come back. You would think since his owners can afford a brand new mercedes that they could afford some dog training or behaviouralist sessions. Maybe not!

Well it's time like this I feel so small and
walk like a rambling footsteps of a wandering child
and I'm lonesome as a lonesome whipperwill
singing these blues like a ...

but I'm not too blue to fly
no I'm not too blue to fly

I am not reading a very good book lately. I have been making a habit of only reading books recommended to me by people who read good books, so I haven't encountered anything like this in such a long time that it was a shock that it is so bad and doesn't make sense and is just stupid. Of course, since I have nothing else to read at the moment and I keep going to bed at 9, I have to have something to read. Help me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Fist said...

hmmmmmmmmmmm....

...

So. What books have you enjoyed reading?

3:59 am  
Blogger Muss said...

hm .. to what?

I really enjoyed reading Timothy Findley's Not Wanted on the Voyage. You can tell it is something that stuck with me thoroughly because I remembered both the author and the title. Also, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. Other than that, I can't remember any titles. You read anything good lately?

7:47 pm  
Blogger Fist said...

hmm, can't remember.

The last really good book I read was Lolita by Nabokov. I read a helluvalot though, I'm thinking of starting reviewing.

1:52 am  
Blogger Muss said...

Lolita pissed me off in a way I can't explain. I read it years ago though and I think I should read it again. Also, because of some of the sexually explicit writing, it left me so in a knot that I couldn't function for a bit after I had finished reading it.

1:29 pm  
Blogger Fist said...

Really? Interesting.

What I liked about it was the vicious humour, the poetic language, the horror and wonder of the central character.

Although I enjoyed it enormously, I think it's slightly empty as a book. I think that's because for Nabokov, writing is art, art primarily, art only, art, art, art, and any sense of pursuing the Real is absent from his work. (Although often pursuing the real really just means producing a flag for some political view point to wave - which is not art, and rarely worth reading.)

2:05 am  
Blogger Muss said...

I think I was much too young when I read it the first time. Also, sometimes, I am really dense too.

6:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home