March 23, 2005

The View of Broken

Today.
I was driving to work with my dog in the car, the dog who cut herself up and ate the wall and can't be left alone, to swelter her life in the hot interior all day because I am horrible.
It takes me a half hour to get to work, I am so driven by this job that I will take 30 minutes from my life twice a day to get there and back.
I went through a green light and saw a huge truck come into my lane, going to crush me, going to push me into oncoming traffic, slam on the breaks to avoid this, if I hadn't been running about 5 minutes late I would have followed him to find out his company name and complain.
I stopped at a red light.
I looked in my rear view mirror.
I saw a woman with the skin falling off her face, with sadness and a life not lived in her eyes, her empty eyes, so descriptive of her misery of living her whole life just as I was living my life now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home