March 23, 2005

You just can't win

And the stupid thing about it is that it isn't even about winning. It is just about trying to do the best you can for yourself based on your own criteria. My criteria are pretty minimum based on other people's. I don't want fancy cars, clothes, jewellry or anything like that. I want to be able to sustain myself. You know, with food. Not even fancy food. I am quite content to eat minimally on simple food. Lentils are staples in my diet, along with other dried legumes. I rarely eat meat. I eat cheaper locally grown vegetables and though I would love to buy organic, I cannot afford to. I wish to feed my dog. I don't want her to eat parts of other pets or the leftover by-products that they get when they make processed people food. I want to be able to care for her, which means I have a car to transport her around as the transit system here doesn't allow animals of her size on. I want this knot in my chest to leave to I can breath and sleep and eat the frugal and simple food I prepare. I want to have a place to live too. It is only 5 months until I can do all these things, but I don't even know how I can make it those 5 months. Can one live for 5 months with no food, no place to live, and a dog to care for? I guess so, many homeless (too many) are doing it each and every day. Do I join them?
Oh how melodramatic!
Go fucking live with your mother already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home