April 17, 2005

22

This weekend I moved into my new place. Go me. I also attempted to consolidate my debts and now owe 2 sources, not 3. Go me again. I also wrote my 22 cover letter to apply for a job in September. 22 different cover letters. This does not include all the ones that I did that were the same as other ones except I changed the school information on it. So, probably about 32 cover letters, which means 32 different jobs applied for and not one job had.
And I wonder why I feel so unwanted sometimes.
Why have I applied for 32 jobs and not heard back from anyone? Is it because my cover letter and resume suck? No, it is not. They are both good (and accurate, which may be one problem). Is it because there is a glut of qualified teachers out there in this province and they keep making more? That could be part of the reason. Is someone out there spreading bad rumours about me? Could be, but I doubt it, I haven't really pissed anyone off in this profession like that. Do the jobs all go to people the people hiring know? Probably, why not go with what you know rather than risk the unknown. My old boss had to hire unknowns and out of 7 positions he has hired for in the past 3 years, he has hired 4 freaks. They ranged from bad bad freaks to psycho bitch threaten to throw my belongings in the snow freaks to two faced incompetent freaks to lying never do any work and lose your temper a lot freaks. I would stick with what I knew before I did that for sure. But sometimes, when you risk someone new you get something really good (LIKE ME!!!).
So there I am. 22 different cover letters later and 32 job applications without a job. Okay okay, I have a job, but I didn't even apply for it. And technically, I can have my old job back I just have to sign the contract, but the contract hasn't shown up yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fist said...

Good luck with... everything!

4:21 am  
Blogger Muss said...

Thanks, I usually have great luck, so I am sure some is coming my way soon. In fact, I just got called for an interview today.

1:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home