April 12, 2005

Hear

And this I know
Her teeth are white as snow

I have taken to listening to the radio continuously lately. At least this way I know the sounds I am hearing are coming from something, and it covers up the quieter of the sounds I am hearing.

Mostly I hear ringtones. Yes, they could be from someone's phone, but they aren't. A couple years ago I kept hearing dial up connections being connected. No way I could have been hearing those where I was when I heard them.

Oh. And after working here for a month, they have offered me a carrot of a management position in the fall. As well they let me in on some information that they will be expanding and developing a lovely piece of land that they own at about the same time. I feel really badly knowing this. The land is beautiful, full of tall grasses, brambly bushes, ducks, and a heron even lives there.

Teeth. White as snow. Yeah, I know.

But now this gives me another choice to make. Stay here in the land of debt, in better paying job, still incurring debt and not being able to pay for the debt I incurred. In a place that doesn't call to me, but where at least I can associate with the few people down here I like to associate with and with the potential to meet more people I like to associate with.
or
Go back to where I can from. The land of the cold, the mountains, the lakes, the rivers. The place that feels like home, with drug abuse, starting on an epidemic of AIDS that will wipe it out, bad living situations, good pay, freedom and trust, and all the blessed solitude one needs, but intense loneliness as well, and a sense of being just on the edge. It rips me apart at times but makes me whole in other ways too.
or
Try a new place. Farther away. New things, hard work. Good opportunities for professional growth, not doing what exactly I like to do, good pay, maybe a place to stay for years and could be around other people.

Teeth. Snow.

It would be nice not to have to budget and plan for 3 months to be able to afford a haircut though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home