April 05, 2005

Whenever

The happiest the happiest always by far

My dog is home. She was running around in a busy intersection when a nice lady who just about creamed her decided to pick her up and take her to the SPCA. So ... $152.00 later I have my dog back and she is now licensed.

The argument I got into with my roommate's boyfriend is still in my mind. We covered 3 topics that we were at odds about but I only said to him, "Get out" after the last one. In the first part of our conversation he criticized me for not being able to live on what I make at my job, helpfully pointing out that some people make less than me and get by. I wondered what they are doing differently and asked if they have given up eating (even though that is the smallest part of my budget, I didn't know what else they could not be doing). For the next part, he criticized how I am running my love life and how I should stay down here or I would end up alone, even the chance of something is worth staying at this job, giving up everything I enjoy doing, and living in my car. I disagreed, as I like myself and can do fine on my own if need be. The last and final part is hard to summarize in a sentence. Suffice it to say he got in my face, told me he would get in my face, and I told him I would spit in his face. Basically he thinks human rights are for people with money. You don't have money, you don't have any human rights. I asked him 4 times to leave. "Get out!" I said, "This is still my house too and I want you to leave." He wouldn't so I said, "Fine, I will leave then." I went to my room to get dressed so I could leave and he continued to insult me as he left. "I thought two people could have a discussion." In fact, two people can have a discussion, and can even have different opinions. They can even discuss these different opinions until one gets all personal, and gets in one's face.

Yiah. I can't make it easy for myself can I? So he went running to my roommate and told on me. I didn't really feel like having a 'well he said this and that' discussion with her, thinking the argument could just be between the two of us, but no. I feel awkward in the house now. I haven't seen her since Sunday morning.

Check out my guest post ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Whirlbrain said...

I just got a summons for a credit card debt I haven't paid. I told my coworker about it and he seemed discgusted by the fact that I'm talking about bankruptcy.

"You know, that's going to fuck you up in the future."

"Yeah, but it's not like I'm going to buy a house, or a new car."

"You don't know that."

"Look," I said, "i'm not all that interested in money. It's not that important to me."

"So you have no desire . . ."

No, I just don't subscribe to the American Scheme of retirement, buying a house and driving a new car. He does, and that's fine. But, let's agree that we are paradigmically different. Don't get pissy with me, or look down on me for my way of thinking about the god-almighty-dollar.

Sure I screwed up with the credit card. Sure, I will pay the consequences. It's my business and I'm sorry I said anything.

There's going to be some damage control to do, here.

Talk about uncomfortable.

Hope it works out for you.

6:19 pm  
Blogger Muss said...

Thanks. Same for you.

6:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home