May 14, 2005

Yesterday

I danced. With a man about twice my age. In a bar that wasn't meant to be danced in. To a song that was old and not remembered by me.
I was laughed at. For dancing with this man. By young brazen girls. With multi-coloured trying to be natural colours hair. With make-up I could see across the room. Twice. I danced with him twice and they laughed at me twice.
Other older men looked on. They wanted to be dancing with me in the bar. They wanted to have my hand on the small of their backs and hear me laughing in their ears.
He stopped the dance. He didn't want me to get in trouble when I was supposed to be working. I told him I would never get in trouble for dancing with him, whether I was at work or not.
I went back to work.
The girls kept drinking in the middle of the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fist said...

He's a lucky fella!

3:00 pm  
Blogger Muss said...

One of the luckiest ...

4:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home