June 03, 2005

Pain

It all started innocuously enough, what with only working an hour of overtime everyday. Sure it cut into my time, and sure I was missing eating lunch and dinner, but what can you do. Then I started working a bit more, 13 hours one day, 8 hours on my supposed day off, until it snowballed into 16 hour workdays. This left me little time for the 45 minute commute to work and back and sleep. God I miss sleep. All the while I had this cold. An awful cold that everyone else managed to rid themselves of in short time. Not myself, not with the not eating, not sleeping, and working all hours of the day. It had to turn into pneumonia. Still, I have not been able to take time off work to go to a doctor and get something for it, even though my brain is raging in fever everyday and I am unsuccessfully trying to hack up a bloody piece of my lung. Today, at hour 8 my boss yelled at me (for catching him in a lie), and here I still am, at hour 12. On a Friday, at a stupid job I hate. That pays me nothing. And I am thinking of coming in tomorrow. Somebody. Please. Shoot. Me.
Last night I had a dream that I was trying to find a spot to bury these two decomposing heads (heads which I had unsuccessfully tried to preserve in a formaldehyde type solution) of people I had murderd. It was time to put that part of my life behind me and move on. But I didn't want anyone to find them and trace it to me, so it was hard for me to get them out of my house to a suitable place.

7 Comments:

Blogger {illyria} said...

i dreamt i murdered my mother. and chopped her into pieces. and put her pieces in a sack. and buried the sack in my garden. the dog sniffed her out. i woke up then and still regret not knowing the ending.

9:51 pm  
Blogger Fist said...

I've regularly fantasized/dreamed about murdering people I work with, not because they're bad people, just because they interfere with my internet access at work.

Muss - you should quit your job, or at least assert your rights to work less, take a holiday, see a Dr. Please.

3:55 am  
Blogger Muss said...

I should quit my job. I know it. I think I will.
I wonder why I had murdered those people in my dream. I think they were exes or something, or had wronged me emotionally.
What do you think an ending would be to the dog finding the sack in the garden?
How do they interfere with your access at work? You seem to be on there quite a bit ...

2:15 pm  
Blogger {illyria} said...

muss, maybe the dog would find the marrow. they say that's the most delectable part.

9:11 pm  
Blogger Fist said...

By, for instance, telling me boring stories at my desk for twenty minutes at a time. Possibly I over-react?

5:10 pm  
Blogger Muss said...

The dog would find the marrow of your mother ... the most delectable part, and that would be the ending? I don't know if I could deal with that.
Possibly you over-react, but more probably you under-react.

7:26 pm  
Blogger Fist said...

lol... it's hard to tell.

1:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home