June 06, 2005

Yellow

is my favourite colour but not all yellows are equal. Take the yellow of the Country Flowers calendar that features the FTD Sunburst Bouquet. Not so good and conveniently right in my face at eye level all day long.
Today I wore my silly pink pants with the suede ties. Of course I am 8, why do you ask?
And ugly panties. Very ugly. Poor poor me.
I can't believe how much I work for so little money and today the owner asked me if it was true I was going to teach in the fall and quit. I said it was and he told me it wasn't a good career move. Um, hello? You pay me below poverty level at a job that is mindless but requires great organizational skills. I can work in a field that interests me for at least twice the pay and have my own place. What would you choose? Yeah, I thought so.
I am getting excited about teaching again. I have a small class of kindergarten and grade 1 students in the fall. Pre-kindergarten will also be joining us. My old boss is pissed at me because I turned down his job and I am pissed at him for being pissed at me. How articulate I am.
I have had time to read a couple of pages before I sleep for the past few days. I am currently reading trash and more trash I find on the shelves of the place I am staying. Oh to be able to get a library card and find out where a library is. This WWI romance is wearing me down. Maybe I want romance? A woman here set me up with a guy just about twice my age and while he is nice he is just in a different place then I am, with grown kids and being retired and all. He really likes me though and I just can't do it. It would be like kissing my uncle or dad's friends or something. I just don't want to.

2 Comments:

Blogger {illyria} said...

kindergarten is a healthy market segment. i tried teaching high school history once but a few boys asked for my number. ditched that one. i've been invited to go back to my alma mater to teach college freshmen, but i find i am not quite cut out for the academe.

2:08 am  
Blogger Muss said...

I thought I would hate teaching and was on my way to a career in research ... then I hated it and took some time off and met some kids. 10 or even 6 years ago I never would have seen me teaching Kindergarten or Grade 1. College or university maybe, but now I know. That is what I like. Plus no kids ever ask me for my number.

6:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home