August 10, 2005

Dog #1

Arrived in a run-down place not knowing anyone. Teachers had been feeding a dog that was hanging around their place, but didn't want to continue because they had ordered a puppy and it was coming soon. Dog was called 'Scruffy' by them because of her appearance. I went and picked up the dog, some dog food, and went home. Dog kept returning to old place, so I started keeping her in the house more with me. Dog ate like a pig, was skinny, and was hard to deal with. After 2 or 3 weeks I took the dog to the vet to get her shots, get her de-wormed, and get her spayed, as she was obviously old enough for this to be done too. Vet said she was pregnant and wisked her in the back to spay her before I could even think about it. Apparently, she would have given birth in 2 or 3 more weeks. Dog came home without worms and skinny as hell. Dog tried to viciously attack a puppy belonging to a little boy. Was on leash and was restrained by it barely. Boy didn't understand and was in danger and getting in between dog and puppy. Dog was sent to a professional dog trainer and behaviouralist to assess viciousness of dog and to see if she could be controlled or would have to be put down. Dog came back trainable, but dog was still a mess with other dogs. Dog went for more training and went on pills to control seperation anxiety she developed. Dog is with me everyday and I couldn't live without her now. She is also frequently referred to as a beautiful dog. Found out later she was going to be shot the day after I took her in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home