June 22, 2006

Tired

I am back home and starting up my new business. As one could imagine, it is dreadfully tiring. I come home a little exhausted, and there is still always work to be done. Last night it was the curtains. I refused to pay a lot of money for ugly curtains. I hated almost all curtains I saw. So I designed my own and my mother made them. Well, she sewed them, but I did all the grunt work but I can't sew a straight seam to save my life and since she is a seamstress, I left that to her (and everything that involved measuring).

I was so tired that I was about to collapse and I said, "I'm going to bed," But no, she guilted me into finishing the one last curtain so they could all by hung today (and I must say they look nice). After that, I went to get ready for bed. I have 'moved' into the basement apartment in her house. I say 'moved' because really we just threw all my stuff in the living room and I have been living out of my overnight bag. I discovered I needed something, something vital that I knew I put in this one bag that I take with me everywhere and that I don't lose. Could I find that bag? No, of course not. Could I think about that bag? No. I was too strung out on being up past my regularly scheduled bedtime that I couldn't deal with finding the bag. I had to go upstairs and make my mom stop what she was doing and look for my bag. Which she found with ease on the floor of the bathroom. Right beside where I had just brushed my teeth.

I just don't do well sleep deprived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home