August 26, 2006

Am I not your God?

The other day I saw a man and a woman having a fight. A nasty ugly dirty fight where she pushed him and hit him and punched him. A little while later I saw them sitting down and talking rationally.

I don't know about you but with anyone who I felt inclined to direct physical violence against, I don't think I would be able to sit around and talk to them afterwards. I think this is because, even though I am a women, I do not hit men. Well, I can't say I never do or would, but if I did I would be fighting for something more than to get my point across. I would be fighting for my physical protection. If I had to fight like that I don't think I could sit around afterwards with someone who was going to harm me and talk to them all calm like. Wouldn't trust them I am sure. I don't think women should hit men either. Just because we are the 'weaker' sex does not mean we can throw our bodies around and abuse other people, just because if they are man enough, they won't hit us back. What purpose does it serve?

Me: I think that the red shirt is too garish.
Him: No, I like it.
Me: We aren't going out if you are wearing that. It is inappropriate for the social context we are going to be in.
Him: Well I am wearing it.
Me: I said NO (karate chop to the adams apple)
Him: Okay, okay.

Kind of absurd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home