August 07, 2006

Never

Can you remember the last time you had food poisoning? I can. Friday. It was a horrible horrible day. Luckily, I don't have any clue what I got it from so I am still fine to eat everything. I did have chicken the night before and it's always the chicken, but I really don't think it was. I am fairly careful about all that kind of thing, what with the microbiology degree and the whole course on food poisoning one term. I cooked the chicken thoroughly. There was no cross contamination with the vegetables (I always prepare those first, on a different cutting board always though, and have them in the steamer before I start on the meat).

When was the time before that? Well, it was a Friday about a month ago and it was from a baked potato. I don't know how and I don't know why and my mom got it too so there you go. Before that I can't think of a time except in University where we always went to this Japanese place and I had gotten food poisoning from there 5 times before I figured it out and never went back. I thought my stomach was always upset from eating tempura and not being used to deep fried things. Still, it took me five times.

But food poisoning twice in one summer, twice in basically one month? That is way too much. Especially bad this second time was that my bathroom is ripped out, gutted, gone and I am having to use the upstairs one.

Oh yeah, so in keeping with the Muss must be insanely busy at all times, we are gutting the place where I am living while I start up this business and I am in dog obedience school with my dog. Today, my first day off since sometime in June or May, I ripped up the carpet in the storage room/laundry room. Why was there carpet there? I don't know but the even better thing about the stinky always getting wet carpet was that it was glued down to the underlay. AND the underlay was glued to the floor, which appears to be cement, which, I guess was why they had to glue it. You know, because the staples wouldn't go into the concrete. So I spent a good portion of my day in a very small room scraping the floor to get as much of this crap off as I could. Fun times.

So indeed I didn't get the carpet ripped up and the walls painted. Don't even get me started on the state of the walls. No no no. Don't go there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home