September 07, 2006

Kennel Cough


Oh for Fuck's sake. Fuck. Really really fuck.

9 days ago I brought my little dog in to get neutered and get his booster shot. I brought him to a different clinic than I usually go to, one that would let me take him home the same day, you know, because I know him well enough that when I am out of his sight he screams and since vet visits and neutering would be stressful, I thought it better that he recover with me in his sight. 5 days ago he starting hacking and coughing ALL NIGHT LONG. So now, I can't bring my dogs to work, I can't finish my obedience school and I have a sick dog with a contagious disease that can pass it on to all my other animals. Who could do that to my cute little dog?

So I phoned the clinic, not at all impressed with this development and they were snotty. Very very snotty. Yes, yes, I went out with my sick dog and rubbed his face in other dog's faces, dogs that were coughing. OR some dog broke into my house when I wasn't home and gave him kennel cough and left without me knowing he was even there.

You want to know something else? I didn't notice this when I dropped him off or I would've turned around and left but the operating theatre is open to the front reception area. Hell, I guess in a messy enough operation I could've got splattered with blood! Yippee! How hygenic! Why wear the robes? Why wear the surgical hats? Why? When they are shaving a dog and clipping his toenails right below the window space which contains no pane and below the fish tank that is so cloudy that you can't see through it? Why not just sneeze on them or rub faeces in their open wounds for all the sterile fields you don't have and have not set up. WHAT THE FUCK.

So tonight, instead of bringing my little dog back there to get his stitches out, never going to happen, I tried to take them out with the help of my mother. I figured, I took my other two dog's stitches out when the time came because the travelling vet wasn't back around in time and instructed us to, so I can do that. No, not so much. I can't hold a dog and take out the stitches and apparently my mom can't do either of those jobs.

Now my little dog is running around with one stitch cut and left in him but all the other ones got out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh damn. hope everything's better, muss. xx.

~the girl FKA transience

9:49 am  
Blogger Muss said...

Yay! I am. I am so glad to hear from you. I have been scared to ask for your new information ... I don't know why, but I was hoping that you would pop by at some time. I hope everything is going well with you. My little dog is almost better and my other pets didn't catch it.

8:45 pm  
Blogger {illyria} said...

that's so good to hear, muss. did i ever send you my new link? god, i've lost so many email addresses from my old account. :(

7:25 am  
Blogger Muss said...

You didn't. Could I have it? You could email it to me at subtlevinegar@gmail.com if you wanted. I would love to have it.

5:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home