May 29, 2007

Often

I think I am doing okay. I am, aren't I? I mean I bounced back fine from all that.

Recently I joined Facebook, which has been good. I hooked up with a lot of people I hadn't seen in years and have re-established contact with a great many of them. It has also allowed people to find me and contact me.

The one that is throwing me is the good friend of my friend Carlo. I haven't spoken to him since I left Assumption. I tried to email him about a year after Carlo died, but it didn't go anywhere. It was at the urging of a friend I did that, she thought it would help me deal with it a bit. I think it was too soon and also, I didn't have his email right.

So I just sent him an email in reply to the second email he sent me. He expressed an interest in seeing and contacting me. I would love to see him. I told him so and then I started to cry. I don't know that I wouldn't fall apart when I saw him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sugar. said...

You may fall apart when you see him, I think that's okay. You can't help feeling what you feel. You don't just "get over" something like what you've experienced. Unfortunately, it can stay with you for a long, long time. Maybe meeting with your friend will add another dimention of support for both of you? My thoughts and support are with you friend, take care of yourself.

9:57 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

it's nice to hear you're catching up with old friends. this all sounds good, go with it :) i've always liked tears. they give us a sense that we still feel and that's a very good thing. falling is often followed by getting up again :)i like that part.

nice to see you bouncing around the web again. i hope the meeting holds healing for you.

3:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home