May 22, 2007

Rash

Now not only the name of a catchy new book, but my next blog entry as well. I was just reading Dooce, and it reminded me of several experiences I have had. Not the trying to find out about having cancer, but of rashed I have had. Since the beginning of time I have been prone to rashes. I get about one bad one a year. By bad, I mean it covers my entire body, or has my flesh falling off, hey, I wonder if I can classify my flesh eating disease as just the bad rash of the year? This one rash time I was in emergency, not for rash reasons, and was wearing a gown, you know, sick enough to be in emergency and without clothes, but the doctor was more concerned about all these little weird spots and told me as such. Luckily, I was seeing a dermatologist at the time. And this is how it relates. It was a TEACHING dermatologist. This rash I had, well, it was the worse on my inner thighs. You can see where this is going. Every time, and yes, I had to go multiple times because every time I went he just told me to try another anti-histamine and you know, the 5 previous ones didn't work, so guess what, the next one didn't either, I had to remove my pants and bend over the table so him and the cute medical students and wannabe dermatologists could look at my inner thighs.

Thanks for listening.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hermes said...

I don't want to come to any rash conclusions but it seems that the behaviour of your doctor was a blemish on the good name of medicine... at least they were cute.

8:36 am  
Blogger Muss said...

Well, it was all in the name of showing the new doctors what a weird rash I had ... I think ...

2:58 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

crikey!

i once had a gastroscopy done at a teaching hospital. i am a girl with a vicious gag reflex to begin with-so needless to say they had to hold me down! and all the while, the students gawked at me and my innards up on a screen. but "bend over let me gawk"- that sounds even worse!!.when it was over i was heaving and crying all at the same time. but a friend bought me a beautiful pot of tulips on the way home. so sweet. did they ever find out what it was?

5:55 am  
Blogger Muss said...

No, they never did. I just stopped going and eventually the rash cleared up by itself.

6:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home