June 02, 2007

Lately

The past couple nights I have been having these really long mundane dreams. Really long, like they last all night. Really mundane, just about real life stuff. I can't even really recall too much because they are that boring. Then, two nights ago, I had one that featured my ex and our 7 year old daughter. Again, it was all mundane. Again, it was long and nothing really stood out. I realized what I was doing though. I have been dreaming alternative futures. Not coulda', woulda, shoulda' but just coulda'. What could have happened had I made a different choice. Not a better choice, not a better life, just a different life. All possible, none probably, because here I am. In this life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hermes said...

Beyond, outside my Dreamworld there is infinite dust, infinite dark. And the Dreamworld is infinite although it is bounded on every side. The way to the center is a slow spiral. One passes the houses of mystery and secrets... old way stations on the frontiers of nightmare. From there one charts a course nightward until one reaches the Gates of Horn and Ivory. I carved them myself, when the world was younger, and order was needed. I hasten to the Gates.
The dreams that pass through the gates of Ivory are lies, figments and deceptions. The other admits the truth. No one guards the horned gate anymore. I remember the way of old. Once through it I can see my castle. Through it I will be able to see... my home...

Neil Gaiman - The Sandman

8:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home