June 18, 2007

Morning Aggregation #1

This morning, for the first of many times, I thought I should write about how I start my work day 2.5 days a week. Today I am actually doing it.

We noticed one student had been moved. Apparently he had a blow-out after school on Friday. Both students involved in the incidents were sent to their rooms, but this one persisted in shouting and threatening the first student through his door. Typical, boring.

In the one section, apparently the big thing of the weekend was to shave off the pubes and many students had been asking for razors (razors being a very limited and watched, as well as counted and re-counted thing, other things re-counted are plastic forks and spoons, pens, pencils, erasers, etc. ). The nurse even had to go in and have a talk with them about this. What about I am not sure, but more on that later.

Also, one resident had been sent to the time-out room (contains its own toilet so that the person can have a real time out without having to interact with anyone, for those ... loud individual times), and had been sitting on the toilet and farting non-stop for 45 minutes to an hour. Very loudly. We questioned how anyone could possibly do this. He had been complaining about stomach upsets. He was able to control it so that when he was out and around the other residents, he was not. He had just decided to retire to his room and fart. Yep, for an hour straight. What the hell.

Later in the day, one of my students (I noticed, I didn't look. All students are well aware of my 'I don't ever want to see the parts of your skin normally covered by a t-shirt or long to the knee shorts' policy, and privileges get removed if I do (All part of my not having a sexual identity of any kind in there)) lifted his t-shirt and rubbed his belly and then put his t-shirt down. "Ms. Teacher," he said, "I shaved all the hair off my body this weekend." To which I replied, "I heard. I also heard the nurse had to come and talk to you about that. I don't want to know. I don't want to hear any more about that." He was quite astounded that I knew and embarrassed because he knew that I knew that he really meant all his hair. Another student asked why the hell he would ever shave his legs. I would have to wonder that myself.

A not atypical day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hermes said...

Perhaps there's a swim team in there. I hear swimmers shave all their hair... to , um... cut down on the water... resistance...?

10:16 pm  
Blogger Muss said...

I sure the hell wouldn't want to swim in the same pool as any of them and their "gleets."

8:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home