June 25, 2007

The Newest, The Bestest

So yes, here is introducing the newest Grade 6 teacher in the last ... few days? I don't know about that. I have never taught Grade 6 before and if that wasn't enough, I am teaching at a traditional school. It is still a public school but is more like a private school, so there is a very strong academic focus. I have never taught a class/school like this. I am slightly intimidated. Give me a class of behavioural freaks, murderers and rapists and I don't bat an eye. Give me a class of students who are looking to succeed, well, I might pee my pants. The kids are going to be at or above the grade 6 level! The whole school is very respectful! I don't know if I can handle a day that goes by without being called some foul name. Or having some behaviour related crisis. I might start having behaviour crisises.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hermes said...

Yay! More details. Permanent contract? Extended? Sounds great. Get ready to be intellectual!

9:21 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol!

you might have to spew a gleet across the classroom just to feel normal. :D

what about psychopaths? they look normal, charming, often, to the untrained eye. maybe you'll find one of these.

good luck, though, maybe it's time to relax into something different!?

6:15 am  
Blogger Muss said...

Permanent continuing contract. Aiyah.

I sure hope I don't find a psychopath. I had one in a K class I had a few years ago. The kid nearly broke me.

What I am most worried about is teaching French ...

4:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home