June 07, 2007

This one time ...

... in band camp.

I fell out of love so instaneously. I can remember it perfectly. It was bizarre. I had been living in a roommmate situation with a guy, when it had turned more than that. And he got controlling. And violent. Oh no no, that didn't make me stop. So I moved out and 8 hours away. And I had to come back and get my stuff. We had talked on the phone in the meantime. I was ready to make up even. What the hell? He had gone to anger management counselling. So I went down there with a cousin and he started pulling his controlling shee-ite just about right away. I tried to make allowances for it, but the next day, after I had about 97% of all meals consumed in the house and technically me and my cousin were guests and knowing we were hungry, he made himself something to taunt us. I can't explain how he meant to taunt us, except that he was eating and we weren't. Something went "snap" in me and I said, "Let's go." I grabbed my stuff, she grabbed hers, I dropped her off and spend the next few days couch surfing until it was time to go back home, picked up my stuff and left.

He did ask me after that if we would ever get back together. I said, "Never."

4 Comments:

Blogger Hermes said...

And how! You deserve better! Disrespect? Work it out. Controlling? Seek counselling or couples therapy. Violence? It's over! Over, do you hear me? Expect high standards of behaviour from those to whom you allow access to your life. If you need me to shake my can at someone, let me know. For you, I'll shake. You're worth more than he treated you.

9:07 pm  
Blogger Sugar. said...

Whew! Thank goodness you got outta that one. I once was with a violent guy to whom I gave allowances to change (why do we make these allowances? It's so weird) Anyway, finally came to my senses, left the bastard and now I have a good fella who treats me like a goddess. But seriously, why do women make these allowances?

3:29 pm  
Blogger Muss said...

Thanks lawn, but it was years ago. I don't really even now where he is anymore. I am much better at turning away people now (see put-out house story).
I think I know, well, it better be, that both you and I were too young then to think, right sugar?

5:38 pm  
Blogger Sugar. said...

I think age, maturity, self confidence and experience all played a part (for me anyway), sadly some women never seem to break the cycle. I see it all the time, especially now working with the RCMP.

7:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home