November 16, 2007

Troubling

I have a kid in my class who is troubled and troubling. He is hard to deal with, has lots of problems, and is a chronic liar. And he likes to hurt people. He has medical diagnosis and psychiatric evaluations. He is below level and yadda yadda. I have a teachers aide for him 2.5 hours a week. That is useful. Anyway.

He was away today. I knew he would be as he was suspended for beating a little kid up. Usually I am dragging my ass to school, always rushed when I get there, trying to get stuff done, but always finding something else that just needs to be done at home. Today I got there early. The day went well. I still had energy at the end of the day. I feel I got things done. The class got a lot accomplished. Go figure.

The thing is, I work with these kind of kids all the time at my other job, in fact, it is my speciality. But there, I have a maximum of 8 kids at a time, and usually I work with only 1 or 2. He is the kind of kid I revel in there. Here, I despise him and his existence. I think of him as a waste of earth's resources. Think about culling people for the greater good.

Time to change?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sugar. said...

I wish I had an easy answer for you, culling for the greater good...hmm...in my current job I can totally relate (probably because I see his type end up in "my office" when they hit about 15 or so. However, I am glad you are blogging again. I missed you.

2:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home