January 21, 2008

Bad day

Hopefully comic, but maybe too soon for it to be.

Go to work at jail, find out all the rules of senority have changed and I don't have to stay teaching Grade 6 to be able to apply for my jail job next year. However, someone, again, just took my jail job and I will have to wait until spring to apply for it. Also, anyway can apply for it, I won't have the senority edge. So, I have been torturing myself for naught!

Check messages after work. Essential piece of equipment has broken beyond repair at store. Go down to see. Find out the next better piece is 4 times the price. While trying to decide what to do, smell burning rubber. Another essential piece of equipment is on fire. Damn electrical system.

Find out from lawyer that insurance is low-balling me and refusing to move. Have offered 1/4 of what my lawyer suggested and are refusing to budge and will push us to trial. Fun! And not stressful. Oh, and everyday I hesitate on the decision will take more money off.

Cats knock compost bucket all over counter and floor.

Yell at other half for no reason, except he didn't listen to everything I said and asked me a question for which I had just told him the answer. Finished conversation by telling him, "You don't want to talk to me right now."

Tried to figure out how dogs, cats and other dogs are all going to get taken care of after I leave on Wednesday.

Don't have any lesson plans set up for sub for when you are gone.

I think that is enough. Time for bed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sugar. said...

Oh dear...

10:29 am  
Blogger Hermes said...

You need to visit us. We have guns and you can shoot at trees. SO fun and SO good for your stress levels. AND, trees don't die when you shoot them. But if you are afraid of hurting trees, you can shoot at coffee cans as well.

9:14 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

noooo! not the coffee!!!! i really hope it eases off soon. very soon. take time. make time. take care of you.

1:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home