July 23, 2008

25 Days

It seems that the magical number of "25" is the number of days one needs to recuperate from a manical year of ups and downs, teeth grindings, so tense in the morning might vomit, shoulders up to your ears, fingers on chalkboard teaching.

4 of those days have to include sitting by a lake doing nothing more demanding than making a s'mores and sleeping 10 hours a day, plus having afternoon naps. It is better if one chooses not to camp in the near proximity of a swamp, but all that can be okay if you have indoor plumbing.

Yesterday I felt human again. I felt like I wanted to do things, not just sit in a ball or sleep. I wondered what it was I usually did. I honestly can't remember. So tonight, to inspire me, I am going to the library to get books to sit around in a little ball while I read to put myself to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home