July 22, 2008

I hate to shower

Well! Isn't that a surprise. After all, I smell nice enough. I appear clean. I even AM clean. There must be something going on. And there is, trust me. I don't hate washing. I definitely don't hate being clean. I just hate showering.

How can one hate being enveloped in a warm spray of water, steam filling up the room, cascading around, making the mirror all foggy?

Like this: I hate the amount of time it takes. I can either shower in the morning or take my dogs for a half hour walk. I pick the invogorating 6:15 am walk. My hair is too long! It takes too much time! And all those girl rituals to perform, forget it. Takes forever and a freaking day. I hate how dry a shower makes my skin. Who knew the $50 - $100 I was spending a month on lotions, super organic nothing in them lotions for superbly sensitive and reactive skin (do you know how HARD it is to find a lotion that doesn't have aloe in it, yeah, you just go and try) was for NAUGHT. My skin continued to be dry, flaky, and painfully tight, that is, until I stopped showering. Now, I don't have to use lotions on my skin at all and it looks better than it has in years! I can spend that money (and the additional time it took at the end of the shower to apply it) on cute little outfits for my dog. Or new bags. Or cute shoes. I mean, whatever you stupid lotions. I hate showers because no matter how nice and warm you are and get to be while in there, there is a moment when you have to go out in the cold again. I hate that moment. That cold, hard, cruel moment. I hate showers ... I think that is about all the reasons I have to hate showers. I guess three reasons is enough to rarely ever have them anymore.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hermes said...

So... you switched to baths? Bucket of water? Hose?

12:20 pm  
Blogger {illyria} said...

i'm sure you're always pleasantly tangy, muss. :) i missed you posting.

6:21 pm  
Blogger Muss said...

Neither baths nor buckets of water. And a hose? Not bloody likely.

I missed having time to write, even little things like this too! I missed reading other peoples thoughts.

7:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home